Contains the individual’s full name, gender, date of death, place of death, place of birth, resident province, state or country, registration number, and date of registration.
Certified Copy of Death Registration
This a photocopy of the actual death registration (does not contain the cause of death). It is legally the most complete document. The photocopy is certified as a true copy of the original.
NOTE: Certified copies are rarely needed by citizens and are, by law, for restricted use only. They are generally only required for court or consulate purposes.
Who Can Apply For a Death Certificate?
- Any person may obtain a death certificate
- Only next-of-kin ay obtain a certified photocopy of a death registration
Fees & Processing Times
- Regular Service - Processing time may vary- $75.00 each (includes all taxes and mailing costs)
- Rush Service to Canada - 5 to 8 business days average processing and courier time - $35.00 additional courier cost (includes multiple certificates)
- Rush Service to U.S.A. - 5 to 8 business days average processing and courier time - $45.00 additional courier cost (includes multiple certificates)
The above fees include all processing fees, shipping fees and GST. The fees include the government agency’s cost for searching the records as well as Canada Certificates' reviewal fee. If no record of the event is found, the fees are applied to the search cost.
All Death Certificates are shipped directly from the Manitoba Department of Vital Statistics.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the Death Certificate request form. If you do not have Acrobat Reader or need to upgrade your Acrobat Reader, please click on 'Get Acrobat Reader' to download this free program.